I am a Sony Vaio also and I have the same exact problem with Knoppix 5.1.1 (?).
Will try the cheat code.
Thanks
Blitz
I am a Sony Vaio also and I have the same exact problem with Knoppix 5.1.1 (?).
Will try the cheat code.
Thanks
Blitz
I found that Knoppix v3.1 wil not hang on the Sony. All others will.

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00