In my own way, I plan to help on this. Yes, the general attitude here is only dummies would think of installing Knoppix on a HD.

The problem is the Web is filled with propaganda urging everyone to try a Live CD, and if they like it, they can then install it.

Guess which distro is most commonly suggested?

Don't worry. I plan on helping in my own way by telllng everyone at every opporunity that right here on the official Knoppix.net it is said Knoppix sucks, I think that is a fair translation whether or not you mean it that way.


Further, that attempts to install it are met with insults and failure to help even with simple and obvious problems.

Of course, that means the real problem is not with Knoppix itself but the forum regulars and leaders.

So, I will also recommend that those who wish to install go to a real Linux help forum when they have troubles.

The real downside in my opinion is many Knoppix users are using Knoppix, due to wide publicity, as a first contact with Linux, and if it is that bad, coupled with surly and rude responses here, will certainly drive folks away in large numbers.

If you guys are right, the correct answer is to shut down this forum, and replace it with a message that Knoppix is worthless, and include links to Kanotix and other choices.