Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Changing wallpaper dynamically

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    30

    Changing wallpaper dynamically

    I just had a wierd idea. Is it possible to change wallpaper on my remastered CD based on the language I choose. For example if I use "knoppix lang=en", I get a wallpaper that displays "LInux in USe" (I am using v 3.8.2) and on using the cheat code "knoppix lang=de", I get a wallpaper that displays the same text but in german. Ofcourse, I need two different wallpapers for this but how do i Tell knoppix to load the wallpaper based on the cheat code. Any help is aprreciated???
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Changing wallpaper dynamically

    Quote Originally Posted by kooladi
    I just had a wierd idea. Is it possible to change wallpaper on my remastered CD based on the language I choose?
    Yes, anything is possible. It's FLOSS.

    I don't have a clear picture in my mind on exactly how you'd do this, but here are some starting points. The command line that is typed at the boot prompt is stored in /proc/cmdline. You could parse that to see what language is being used. I don't recall exactly where the background image is stored, but have a look in /cdrom or grep for "backgr" in the /etc/ files. Once you know what language and which file to pick based on it, you could write a script that copies the right image to the right location.

    Interesting idea. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

    BTW, what version of Knoppix are you using?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    30

    Changing wallpaper dynamically

    I am using knoppix v 3.8.2. Thanks for the starting points. I have figured out where the background image is stored..will work on it during the weekend. Thanks for your pointers..Ill keep you guys posted.

Similar Threads

  1. Changing Desktop wallpaper through scripts
    By usha panwar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 09:44 AM
  2. ugly kdm wallpaper
    By maxIT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 07:54 AM
  3. Video as a wallpaper?
    By kovk in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 05:56 PM
  4. not sure how to set wallpaper
    By zeeboid in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 01:07 PM
  5. Knoppix Wallpaper
    By xetaprime in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2002, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99