-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks alot Jone C. I have tried Kanotix and it does as you said. However, I am doing a remaster of knoppix 4.0.2 and trying to have sl-modem to work as a default modem exactly as in Kanotix. I have installed linux-source-2.6.12 package and compiled it. Then I did the following at the top of the folder /usr/src/linux-2.6.12:
make-kpkg modules-image
and got the following package:
sl-modem-modules-2.6.12_2.9.9d-7+10.00.Custom_i386.deb
I installed it and it did work. I connected to the internet. But, after rebooting my PC, the sl-modem-deamon dies imeadiatly. I tried to retart it several times. It retsarts but dies again. I checked the /dev/modem and /dev/ttySL0 links. Both are there but not linked to any other device. I hope some one can help here.
Similar Threads
-
By igorx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:45 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2005, 03:57 PM
-
By bluecinnabar in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 10:37 PM
-
By brianinmaine in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:45 PM
-
By JMichael in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99