Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 2 Mouses

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6

    2 Mouses

    Hello,

    I'm a Windows expert but new to Linux and just installed Knoppix to my HD (debian).

    I have two mouses. One regular mouse with cord on PS/2, and a wireless mouse with USB.

    I don't use the wireless mouse (bad tracking etc.), and I use the PS/2 mouse instead. But Knoppix sets the USB mouse as standard. (In windows, they both work.)

    How can I change the standard mouse? (permanently)

    P.S. Plugging out the USB wireless receiver isn't an option, since I need it for my keyboard as well.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    thats odd. both my mice work well at same time. i have actually had 3 once. worked ok.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6
    Nope, mine doesn't... Although it's just a PS/2 mouse?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6

    help...

    anyone a solution?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    Edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if you're using xf86....I have no fucking clue...) and change the mouse device in the corepointer section from /dev/usbmouse to /dev/psaux.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested picture

Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested

$670.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$329.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99