thats odd. both my mice work well at same time. i have actually had 3 once. worked ok.
Hello,
I'm a Windows expert but new to Linux and just installed Knoppix to my HD (debian).
I have two mouses. One regular mouse with cord on PS/2, and a wireless mouse with USB.
I don't use the wireless mouse (bad tracking etc.), and I use the PS/2 mouse instead. But Knoppix sets the USB mouse as standard. (In windows, they both work.)
How can I change the standard mouse? (permanently)
P.S. Plugging out the USB wireless receiver isn't an option, since I need it for my keyboard as well.
thats odd. both my mice work well at same time. i have actually had 3 once. worked ok.
Nope, mine doesn't... Although it's just a PS/2 mouse?
anyone a solution?![]()
Edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if you're using xf86....I have no fucking clue...) and change the mouse device in the corepointer section from /dev/usbmouse to /dev/psaux.

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1769.85
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$465.02
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Western Digital WD_BLACK SN770 1TB M.2 NVMe Internal SSD w/heatsink WDS100T3X0E
$129.00
Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good
$1099.99
USB 3.2 Metal Flash Drive High Speed Portable USB Memory Stick 1TB 2TB 4TB
$22.15