Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Newbie cant network

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    7
    I do ifconfig and it tells me that my network ip is 127.0.0.1 so I followed the instructions on this site http://www.computing.net/linux/wwwbo...rum/27321.html and all I got was SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    7
    I finally got it working, I typed netcardconfig then when it asked me if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I clicked no this time and it took me through the ip setups and I got it all working. Thanks for your help with it.

  3. #13
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuperfied
    I do ifconfig and it tells me that my network ip is 127.0.0.1 so I followed the instructions on this site http://www.computing.net/linux/wwwbo...rum/27321.html and all I got was SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied.
    127.0.0.1 is a local loopback address for any ethernet card. You'll want a 192.168.xxx.xxx address set into the card. If this system also runs windows you could start by looking at it's settings under windows and just copying them into netcardconfig. If you don't have windows on this system then make the settings the same as on your fiancee's computer, but make the IP address different than either the server or the address of your fiancee's computer. Making the last number of the 4 part IP address 19 and keeping the others the same would very likely be an acceptable choice, it can't be 0, 255, or match the other IP addresses though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:35 AM
  2. newbie - network setup, wireless connection help
    By jcalvert in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:13 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:46 AM
  4. Network setting during install - newbie
    By Tovi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 08:24 PM
  5. Newbie question: Network setup
    By ShonenFan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5) picture

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)

$2085.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial DDR4 Pro 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3200 UDIMM 288-Pin CP32G4DFRA32A.M16FF picture

Crucial DDR4 Pro 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3200 UDIMM 288-Pin CP32G4DFRA32A.M16FF

$640.00



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



MIXED *LOT OF 33*  DESKTOP MEMORY RAM picture

MIXED *LOT OF 33* DESKTOP MEMORY RAM

$400.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99