I finally got it working, I typed netcardconfig then when it asked me if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I clicked no this time and it took me through the ip setups and I got it all working. Thanks for your help with it.
I do ifconfig and it tells me that my network ip is 127.0.0.1 so I followed the instructions on this site http://www.computing.net/linux/wwwbo...rum/27321.html and all I got was SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied.
I finally got it working, I typed netcardconfig then when it asked me if I wanted to broadcast DHCP, I clicked no this time and it took me through the ip setups and I got it all working. Thanks for your help with it.
127.0.0.1 is a local loopback address for any ethernet card. You'll want a 192.168.xxx.xxx address set into the card. If this system also runs windows you could start by looking at it's settings under windows and just copying them into netcardconfig. If you don't have windows on this system then make the settings the same as on your fiancee's computer, but make the IP address different than either the server or the address of your fiancee's computer. Making the last number of the 4 part IP address 19 and keeping the others the same would very likely be an acceptable choice, it can't be 0, 255, or match the other IP addresses though.Originally Posted by Stuperfied

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$95.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95