-
filename and directory name colors
I've just started using Knoppix, and I don't know much about Linux. I know how to start a
terminal program from the Desktop. I've got a list of Linux commands and I see that the
command ls means about the same as dir in DOS.
When I type ls from the shell, the names of the files and directories are printed in various colors.
What do the colors of the file names and directory names mean?
Is there a file where the meaning of the colors is set?
Similar Threads
-
By curaga in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
-
By curaga in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
-
By curaga in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
-
By foobar13 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion
$115.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00

Commodore PLA Replacement MOS 906114-01 / PLS100 for C64, SX 64 High Quality USA
$12.99