First let me say I am a newbie to Linux.
I have copied the KONPPIX 4.0.2 DVD to a hard drive using "sudo knoppix-installer." Everytihng works well but I cannot automount my USB JumpDrives. The"usbview" recognizes the hardware is attached but it doesn't end up on my desktop. I am using the JumpDrive to transfer data from my Windows XP system to Linux. I try mounting the device but that doesn't seem work either.
When I boot from the DVD it will mount the device as "sda1" with no problems.
Can someone help?
Thanks
Fred

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00
Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00