-
Junior Member
registered user
is there a workaround for reiserfs and fromhd cheatcode?
I have Linux sys on second partition /hda3 and I was able to boot Knoppix 4.0 DVD with the cheatcode 'tohd=/dev/hda3' successfully. It took a while to copy the two files KNOPPIX and KNOPPIX2 in a KNOPPIX directory. However, I am not able to boot from it. The image files reside on a reiserfs file system, and I've noticed that I can boot from a KNOPPIX.iso using 'bootfrom' cheatcode, but not 'fromhd'. (It seems to be a reiserfs hurdle.) I've done it with knoppix 3.6 and 3.9 iso images using 'bootfrom' every time. When I try with the DVD inserted 'fromhd=/dev/hda3' I get an error, not able to read file, when I try 'bootfrom=/dev/hda3' I get a different error about cloop already being mounted, then Knoppix boots from the DVD instead of booting from the hd. I've searched the forums for clues, but did not seem to find a solution. The two files KNOPPIX and KNOPPIX2 appear as 'shell scripts' in the KNOPPIX directory. Am I missing something to be able to boot from the hd? Should I copy the DVD as an iso image to continue booting as before?
Similar Threads
-
By no_name in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By masticate in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2005, 10:37 PM
-
By goyishekop in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 05:14 PM
-
By Chribu in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 02:53 AM
-
By agroz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung M391A1K43BB2-CTDQ 4 x 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 UDIMM RAM Memory
$140.00

Lot of 5 DDR4 Mixed Desktop RAM 28GB Total G.Skill Patriot Ballistix XPG Tested
$358.50

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00