Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Installing Firefox

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tyler,TX
    Posts
    9

    Installing Firefox

    Hey,

    I'm new to Linux/Debian/Knoppix, I downloaded Firefox Deerpark, the installation is giving a error stating that I don't have permission to use /usr/local/firefox, how do I correct this problem?

    Robert

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    42
    Are you installing it in root?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tyler,TX
    Posts
    9

    Installing Firefox

    The firefox installation folder is at /home/robert/Downloads/firefox-installer/

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    42

    Re: Installing Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by webguytx
    The firefox installation folder is at /home/robert/Downloads/firefox-installer/

    I installed mind from a root shell

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tyler,TX
    Posts
    9

    Installing Firefox

    I've tried giving permissions to the installation folder. I've also tried installation as root,but gives error. I can only have access to installation applet while using file manager. How can I be root while using the browser/file manager? I can install the program in my /home folder. This is what I did this morning. I have had to install both Mozilla 1.7.2 and Firefox Alpha 2 in the /home/robert/ directory/folder.

    I'm using Knoppix 3.9 on PC with Duron 1.3, dual boot with Winxp Pro, 3 partitions (winxp(ntfs),data(fat32),linux(20gig with swap file parition), external serial modem.

    Robert

Similar Threads

  1. Flash player and Installing Mozilla or Firefox!
    By alkemisten2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 09:21 PM
  2. firefox+pdf=very bad
    By maxIT in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
  3. installing firefox
    By styven in forum General Support
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 07:27 AM
  4. Firefox 1.0
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 09:17 AM
  5. Kpackage Problem installing Firefox
    By jMon54 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco C1111-4P Integrated Services Router with ipbasek9 license picture

Cisco C1111-4P Integrated Services Router with ipbasek9 license

$200.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch

$175.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Catalyst C9200L-48P-4G-E V02 48-port PoE+ 4x1G Switch with Power Cord picture

Cisco Catalyst C9200L-48P-4G-E V02 48-port PoE+ 4x1G Switch with Power Cord

$989.00



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00