-
Screen Resolution Problems
After trying many of these Live CD runarounds on Dell comuters and HP computers, I am convinced that some have it and some don't. Unlike the "developers" of these things, I don't want to make a career commitment to get them to run. I am just looking for a solution that works. Ubuntu works; XFLD works, and I consider it very neat; SLAX can be made to work pretty easily, and they have some nice tools; using the tools from SLAX, Wolvix and Mymyah can be made to work.
Knoppix is a total insult! The problem with these things is in the xorg.config file. I know how to fix that for my setup. Knoppix friendly tip is to boot with knoppix 2, and then fix your config file with XF86Config-4. Go ahead and try that marvelous tip and you will receive "Access Denied"!
They have locked me out of CHANGING A MEMORY FILE! If their quality control is that poor, I just throw that ISO in the can and say well I wasted a little time!
Similar Threads
-
By kuhwallskee in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
-
By cvevans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-16-2006, 05:13 PM
-
By larry_filewalker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2006, 03:19 PM
-
By pandamonium54 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:20 AM
-
By backdoc in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98