No idea?
Please have a look at it and try to help ...![]()
![]()
I need some help, perhaps directly by klaus.![]()
I just started working with iptables and wondering, that by default iptables "only" scans the packet-headers.
Well in my case it makes for sence, scanning the packet-contents. This is why i tried compiling the string-match out of patch-o-matic-ng.
I installed the newest iptables and got the latest version of patch-o-matic including string-match. The latest patch-o-matic does not include string match anymore. (Anyone knowing why?).
Compiling failed and i added some lines in code, but didn't help.
So I had a look at my old knoppix 3.9 with kernel 2.6.11 installed. (On my PC i have knoppix 4.0 installed). And surprisingly i found a compiled kernel-module for the string-match!![]()
![]()
But that doesn't help a lot when there are no sources.
Does anyone have a "good" source of ipt_string, which works with 2.6.12 kernel? (iptables 1.3.3)
PLEASE Help.
@Klaus: Perhaps you have the sources of the string match in knoppix 3.9? I cannot find them![]()
No idea?
Please have a look at it and try to help ...![]()
![]()
Klaus Knopper is usually too busy to check these forums. So can contact him & other Knoppix developers at their mailing list http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/
This should not mean, that he's the only guy, who could solve it. Anyone else could also have a solution.Originally Posted by floschi
The last left error occuring in compilation is:
If i should translate the first quoted line it means:176: error: Initialisierungs-Element ist zur Lade-Zeit nicht berechenbar
(near initialization for 'string_match.revision')
"Initialization-element can't be calculated within loading-time"
The Code leading to this:
It is in most cases near line 176.Code:static struct ipt_match string_match = { { NULL, NULL }, "string", &match, &checkentry, NULL, THIS_MODULE };
Does anyone know what's going on here?
And the solution I found yesterday is:
replace the above quoted Code with the following:
And then have fun!Code:static struct ipt_match string_match = { .name = "string", .checkentry = checkentry, .me = THIS_MODULE };![]()
My Problem: After compiling the kernel nothing worked any moreBut that's another story ...
I experienced another problem after compiling the ipt_string.c
Now i get a Kernel PANIC!
I set up a rule for dropping all icmp requests coming from a speacial host with hex-string-matching
"7f656c66". Now when I am sending this hex-string via "ping" from the host, my Firewall get's a Kernel PANIC.
The PANIC accures when ipt_do_table is in stack. So does anyone know this error? I have no idea how to deal with it. The module is properly loaded.
Perhaps there is another module missing?
The rule:
iptalbes -I INPUT -m string --hex-string 7f656c66 -p icmp -s vvv.xx.y.zz -j DROP
.. you could call it a "Ping of death" - but I don't like that. Kernel: 2.6.12.2; iptables: 1.3.3
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer
Oops: 0000 [#1]
EIP: 0060
EFLAGS: 00010206
EIP is at rest_init 0x3feffd6c/ox28
Process swapper (pid:0
Call Trace:
ipt_do_table
ip_local_deliver_finish
ipt_hook
nf_iterate
ip_local_deliver_finish
ip_local_deliver
ip_local_deliver_finish
ip_rcv
netif_recieve_skb
process_backlog
net_rx_action
_do_softirq
irq_exit
do_IRQ
common_interrupt
default_idle
default_idle
cpu_idle
start_kernel
Code: Bad EIP value
Kernel PANIC - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99