Thank you very much for your help and for the useful links.


Harry said:
Have you ever burnt any data DVD with this configuration?
With NTI 6, on this opening screen, you can also use the "tools" menu near the top left of the window
No, but I have burnt a CD, actually the 4.0.2-CD
The burner is only 3 weeks old. My son bought his at the same time and has the same problem.
From the tools (herramientas in my Spanish version) menu I have no option taking me to DVD Data.

ckamin wrote:
Are you logged in to Windows as an "ADMINISTRATOR". .
I would try to use the program from the "File" menu on the top toolbar rather than to click on the Icons on the "Clock".
If you have a different writing software that would be compatible with your drive, you might try something else. Some PCs come with something pre-installed.
I am the single user of my PC and can access everything on my own. My "File" has only a two line menu in the opening screen, so this roundabout is not available to me. After hitting an option elsewhere, it becomes more comprehensive.

There are lots of free DVD burner softs. I even downloaded and installed "Deep Burn". It recognizes my Sony burner and seems to be able to burn a data DVD from the ISO image file.

But my doubt is whether it (or any other software) could damage the burner somehow. My PC is running on W98 and has nothing preinstalled that could help me.

Regards