I do not know of a way to install Windows 95/98 without losing lilo. It will overwrite the MBR and you will lose lilo. You can however use knoppix to restore lilo to the MBR.I just do not want to overwright lilo
Can you install windows 95 after you have installed knoppix I just do not want to overwright lilo
I do not know of a way to install Windows 95/98 without losing lilo. It will overwrite the MBR and you will lose lilo. You can however use knoppix to restore lilo to the MBR.I just do not want to overwright lilo
The rule of thumb is install Windows, then Linux. You can do it the other way around, but it's a lot more work.Originally Posted by morbidpalooza
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Originally Posted by UnderScore
how do I do that i lost lilo lolol
for a quick recovery.
boot knoppix from Cd.
open a console and issue these comands.
#mount the / poartition of Linux read write (let us call it /dev/hda1 and ext3 filesystem)
#now to chroot into your /Code:mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
#erything is now done to your hdCode:chroot /mnt/hda1
#edit or make sure /etc/fstab is corect as to what filesystem is where and how many partitions you have...
#fdisk -l lists partitions and filesystemsCode:fdisk -l
#cat /etc/fstab outputs fstab to screen. the two above sould match 100% as to what filesystem is where, number of partitions... otherwise edit (mcedit /etc/fstab, save with F2 and exit with F10)Code:cat /etc/fstab
#check that windows is entered in /etc/lilo.conf, and on corect partitition...
#if not edit (mcedit /etc/lilo.conf, save with F2 and exit with F10)Code:cat /etc/lilo.conf
#now it is time to mount everything with your linux fstab.
#now we can restore lilo to mbr.Code:mount -a
#if everything went well we can nowCode:/sbin/lilo
#sync the disks (everything written to disk)
#unmount
#clear the screen
#disengage / form /mnt/hda.
this is as much step by step i can manage without more to go onCode:sync&&umount -a&&clear&&exit
Thank you worked great!
you are welcome to what little I could help you with.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99