Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help setting static IP !! It wont stay !

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18

    Help setting static IP !! It wont stay !

    Ok, I set my static IP and it works perfectly.

    If I reboot the system, it revers to a dynamic IP ..

    here is the confg script.. (I don't know if this is the right script for this or not..)


    root@box_10:/etc/network# cat interfaces
    # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(, ifdown(

    # The loopback interface
    # automatically added when upgrading
    auto lo eth0
    iface lo inet loopback




    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.100.55
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.100.0
    broadcast 192.168.100.255
    gateway 192.168.100.1










    what can I do ?

    HELP !


    (If I try this command: ifdown, then ifup... I get the static IP that is set in the interfaces file... )

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Is it running from CD or is it a HD install? If HD install, what type of HS install did you choose? http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Insta...f_installation

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18
    it is HD Installed, I don't remember which install I did...

    LOL

    But It lets me log-in as a regular user.

    I have apache, ftp, samba, mysql + php running on it in a mixed mode network and it works great + i'm hosting websites from it on the net using dynamic dns service...

    I just need to get this IP thing straightened out.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245

    Re: Help setting static IP !! It wont stay !

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfasterr
    Ok, I set my static IP and it works perfectly.

    If I reboot the system, it revers to a dynamic IP ..
    what can I do ?

    HELP !
    To have a persistent static-IP, after having configured it with 'netcardconfig' is necessary to type # update-rc.d networking defaults

Similar Threads

  1. Copied text does not stay in memory
    By mecho in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM
  2. Notebook screens stay black + crc error
    By Vollkorn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 05:46 PM
  3. Setting up Static Environs
    By tcollinson in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 08:42 AM
  4. Setting a static IP from HDD install
    By devilotx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 06:25 PM
  5. Setting Static IP
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$125.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00