Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
Can you replace UNIONFS to point to a hard disk instead of the RAM DISK?![]()
In that way, i guess all changes can be restored at boot time right? if so how can changes be restored?
thanks
Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
thanks a lot drb, i ll try it out and see what i can do...Originally Posted by drb
![]()
Does NOT work with Knoppix 4.0.2 unfortunately. Looks like a pretty necessary feature, as ramdisk is very limited size wise and volatile (i.e. does not survive a reboot) with regards to retaining the programs installed.
You need to write a new folder called union on your pen drive / hard drive first. Then call unionrw=etc. If you've already done that . . . try kanotix?
drb
knoppix 4.0.2 already support unionfs mount not only ramdisk, but the whole system l guess.
I previously answer the simiar question at there:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...49c9400c703c73
ckyip
I don't believe that's the case. unionrw allows union directories / files to be retained in a future reboot otherwise the LiveCD files will start each time. unionrw manages apt-get update and (software) install at future reboots.
drb

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95
CyberPowerPC Pc, AMD Ryzen 7 8700F, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5060 (FAIRLY USED,No Box)
$800.00
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
ABS Flux II Aqua Gaming PC - i5-14400F - Intel Arc B580 12G - 32GB DDR5 - 2TB
$989.95
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99