Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
Can you replace UNIONFS to point to a hard disk instead of the RAM DISK?![]()
In that way, i guess all changes can be restored at boot time right? if so how can changes be restored?
thanks
Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
thanks a lot drb, i ll try it out and see what i can do...Originally Posted by drb
![]()
Does NOT work with Knoppix 4.0.2 unfortunately. Looks like a pretty necessary feature, as ramdisk is very limited size wise and volatile (i.e. does not survive a reboot) with regards to retaining the programs installed.
You need to write a new folder called union on your pen drive / hard drive first. Then call unionrw=etc. If you've already done that . . . try kanotix?
drb
knoppix 4.0.2 already support unionfs mount not only ramdisk, but the whole system l guess.
I previously answer the simiar question at there:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...49c9400c703c73
ckyip
I don't believe that's the case. unionrw allows union directories / files to be retained in a future reboot otherwise the LiveCD files will start each time. unionrw manages apt-get update and (software) install at future reboots.
drb

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Compressed Air Duster w/ Mini Air Blower 280000RPM Vacuum Cleaner & Air Duster
$41.99
95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99