Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
Can you replace UNIONFS to point to a hard disk instead of the RAM DISK?![]()
In that way, i guess all changes can be restored at boot time right? if so how can changes be restored?
thanks
Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
thanks a lot drb, i ll try it out and see what i can do...Originally Posted by drb
![]()
Does NOT work with Knoppix 4.0.2 unfortunately. Looks like a pretty necessary feature, as ramdisk is very limited size wise and volatile (i.e. does not survive a reboot) with regards to retaining the programs installed.
You need to write a new folder called union on your pen drive / hard drive first. Then call unionrw=etc. If you've already done that . . . try kanotix?
drb
knoppix 4.0.2 already support unionfs mount not only ramdisk, but the whole system l guess.
I previously answer the simiar question at there:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...49c9400c703c73
ckyip
I don't believe that's the case. unionrw allows union directories / files to be retained in a future reboot otherwise the LiveCD files will start each time. unionrw manages apt-get update and (software) install at future reboots.
drb

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
*Lot of 20* Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Modules
$89.99
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module
$105.00