Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
Can you replace UNIONFS to point to a hard disk instead of the RAM DISK?![]()
In that way, i guess all changes can be restored at boot time right? if so how can changes be restored?
thanks
Cheatcode unionrw works (reasonably well) in Kanotix. I have a folder sda1/union so I use the cheatcode
unionrw=/mnt/sda1/union
Not all things are 'unionable'; I don't know if this works in Knoppix though.
drb
thanks a lot drb, i ll try it out and see what i can do...Originally Posted by drb
![]()
Does NOT work with Knoppix 4.0.2 unfortunately. Looks like a pretty necessary feature, as ramdisk is very limited size wise and volatile (i.e. does not survive a reboot) with regards to retaining the programs installed.
You need to write a new folder called union on your pen drive / hard drive first. Then call unionrw=etc. If you've already done that . . . try kanotix?
drb
knoppix 4.0.2 already support unionfs mount not only ramdisk, but the whole system l guess.
I previously answer the simiar question at there:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...49c9400c703c73
ckyip
I don't believe that's the case. unionrw allows union directories / files to be retained in a future reboot otherwise the LiveCD files will start each time. unionrw manages apt-get update and (software) install at future reboots.
drb

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC
$109.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99