Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix 4.02 CD: testdisk doesn't run

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 4.02 CD: testdisk doesn't run

    For some reason I can't get testdisk to run on the CD version of 4.02. When I run testdisk, I get the following error:

    testdisk: error while loading shared libraries: libntfs.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

    Has anyone else been able to get this working in this version, or is this a confirmed bug in CD 4.02....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    I just tested this on 4.0.2 CD and I get exactly same error.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1
    I got same error on Knoppix 4.02 Japanese edition.

    I typed that:
    cp /usr/lib/libntfs.so.7 /usr/lib/libntfs.so.5
    and run testdisk.
    Testdisk runs without problems.

    Try at your owns risk.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mmrrvv
    I got same error on Knoppix 4.02 Japanese edition.

    I typed that:
    cp /usr/lib/libntfs.so.7 /usr/lib/libntfs.so.5
    and run testdisk.
    Testdisk runs without problems.

    Try at your owns risk.

    Copying the libntfs.so.7 to libntfs.so.5 seems to work. Looks like some sort of dependency issue where it's looking for only that version, and nothing newer.
    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1
    I get a permission denied when I tried the cp. Am I missing a step?

    <edit>
    Never mind. Ran konsole as SU and it worked. My apologies.

Similar Threads

  1. running testdisk
    By rodney222 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 11:49 PM
  2. testdisk problem
    By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 03:53 PM
  3. Can't see external drive after using testdisk
    By kater in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
  4. Testdisk Won't run - Cannot find libntfs.so.9
    By LordKuat in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 08:30 AM
  5. TestDisk to recover XP drive
    By asandler48309 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 03:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$480.63



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



SGIN 15.6

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD

$335.99



NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD

$444.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1794.16



1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable Ssd picture

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable Ssd

$440.00



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Apple iPad Pro 12.9

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good

$489.99



Dell XPS 8940 Windows 11 PRO Computer i7-11th Gen 32GB 1TB SSD 3TB HDD WIFI DVDR picture

Dell XPS 8940 Windows 11 PRO Computer i7-11th Gen 32GB 1TB SSD 3TB HDD WIFI DVDR

$500.00



HP EliteBook 650 G10 15.6

HP EliteBook 650 G10 15.6" Intel i7-1355U 16GB DDR4 1TB SSD No COA OS

$429.99