I just tested this on 4.0.2 CD and I get exactly same error.
For some reason I can't get testdisk to run on the CD version of 4.02. When I run testdisk, I get the following error:
testdisk: error while loading shared libraries: libntfs.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Has anyone else been able to get this working in this version, or is this a confirmed bug in CD 4.02....
I just tested this on 4.0.2 CD and I get exactly same error.
I got same error on Knoppix 4.02 Japanese edition.
I typed that:
cp /usr/lib/libntfs.so.7 /usr/lib/libntfs.so.5
and run testdisk.
Testdisk runs without problems.
Try at your owns risk.
Originally Posted by mmrrvv
Copying the libntfs.so.7 to libntfs.so.5 seems to work. Looks like some sort of dependency issue where it's looking for only that version, and nothing newer.
Thanks!
I get a permission denied when I tried the cp. Am I missing a step?
<edit>
Never mind. Ran konsole as SU and it worked. My apologies.

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56