brain3000us Wrote:
I have a Toshiba Satellite M45-S265. I just recently downloaded Knoppix and I keep getting this message right after the Pre-Boot execution screen.
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure. check cable
PXE-MOF: exiting CD-ROM
What is my problem?
These type of PXE error messages can be caused by a number of reasons. A bad hard drive or cable can be the issue, or an improperly seated drive in a Laptop. Check to make sure that the drives are properly seated and installed. I seem to remember that they are most commonly caused by a system that is set to boot from a network and it fails to find it's network or remote boot server. I would check the Bios settings and see if the Network (LAN) boot option is there and remove it if you do not use it. If you cannot remove it, make it the very last item in the list. Optical drives or Floppy should be first, then HDD, and LAN last. It could also mean that you have a drive that is corrupted or failing. Check the Toshiba site for a bios update also. I think there was an issue with hard drives not being recognized on occasion and that could be the reason it is bypassing the drives and going to the LAN.

Let us know how you make out.