Hi all,

I am having the same problem with the PXE errors. I changed the boot order around to make the HDD->CDD->LAN->FDD with a new Samsung HD, and a Windows XP install cd ( i know this is linux newsgroup but you all seem to be having the same problem) in the drive assuming that the computer would automatically detect the boot cd and start the windows installation.

Instead, I see the drive light stay orange on the cddrive (what does that mean?) and the computer goes to the floppy (I hear the usual floppy access noise when there's no floppy in the drive) - WTF?

How did the boot loader skip the cd? To see if the Windows XP CD had a problem, I checked it in another computer - that works. I loaded a DVD movie into the drive of the computer with the problem and the light doesn't stay on.

Not sure what's going on or what to do.

Thanks