-
Junior Member
registered user
QUERY (& wish-list): keeping modified kernel-headers
I was told that Knoppix uses modified kernel.
Here is a snippet from Knoppix 3.3 CD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ uname -r
2.4.24-xfs
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ locate kernel-header
locate: warning: database `/var/cache/locate/locatedb' is more than 8 days old
/usr/share/doc/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix
/usr/share/doc/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix/copyright
/usr/src/kernel-packages/kernel-headers-2.4.23-xfs_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
/usr/src/kernel-packages/kernel-headers-2.4.24-xfs_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix.md5sums
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to find the modified kernel-headers for Knoppix 3.3. Am just wondering where I can find the modified kernel-headers for Knoppix CD 3.9 and DVD 4.0.2? I REQUIRE them because I need to build VMWareWorkstation and that requires the usage of the same gcc used to compile the kernel as well as the kernel-headers.
To KnoppixDevTeam: Please can keep the modified Knoppix kernel-headers in ALL future releases of Knoppix. Thanks.
Also, can you also put back in bochs. I love this ia32 emulator. I miss it since I haven't seen it in Knoppix since Knoppix 3.3.
Cheers guys. Knoppix is the BEST distro ever since sliced bread.
Similar Threads
-
By ron653 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-21-2007, 02:21 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 02:59 PM
-
By ryanpq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:22 PM
-
By sauvaget in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:48 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99