ok here goes, after i press enter at the knoppix boot screen it begins and after about 3 lines of info come up the screen goes black.
any suggestion?
BainsG
ok here goes, after i press enter at the knoppix boot screen it begins and after about 3 lines of info come up the screen goes black.
any suggestion?
BainsG
Gee, if only there were some way to write down those 3 lines of information and pass it along to those you are asking for help!
I would make sure I followed all of the instructions in the downloading faq, and if I did then I would try some of the codes suggested in the cheat code section of the wiki.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I am having the same problem. After the mirt.gz loads the screen goes black. no messages, or anything else. However, if I use the debug or failsafe cheat code I get the following
invalid compressed format (err=1)
System halted
Any ideas on this?
If you are having the same problem, you just might consider that my suggestion would apply to you also.Originally Posted by sehargett
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Welcome to Knoppix.net
Some questions:Originally Posted by BainsG
- What version of Knoppix are you using?
- Have you looked at the Tips&Tricks section of the Cheatcodes page?
- If yes, what boot options did you try and how far did you get in the boot process?
- Are you getting any error messages and, if yes, what exactly do they say?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$175.00