I know thsi is a nub question but ive been haveing problems so i jsut need thsi clarified.
When you download the Knoppix iso image file do you jsut drag and drop that iso file into you cd burning software program to be copied?
BainsG
I know thsi is a nub question but ive been haveing problems so i jsut need thsi clarified.
When you download the Knoppix iso image file do you jsut drag and drop that iso file into you cd burning software program to be copied?
BainsG
Absolutely not, assuming that you want to make a CD that boots properly. Read the downloading faq in the wiki, found by following the documentation link near the top of this page.
You also picked a very strange area to post this question to, as making a Knoppix CD for a laptop is no different than making one for any other system. This would better fit in several other sections, with the best one being the Booting forum. I will move it.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I'll assume you are using Windows. What version of Windows are you using? If you are using Windows XP you can get an add-on that will allow you to burn ISOs as images from within Explorer.Originally Posted by BainsG
Give it a try and let us know how things go.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
HPE 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R DDR4 Svr RAM P03052-091 P00924-B21 M393A4K40DB2-CVFBY
$270.00
Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 16GB M393A2G40DB0-CPB, PC4-2133P-RA0-10-DC0 DDR4, ECC Registered
$75.00
64GB DDR5 CAMM 4800MHz Memory K467XP-HYM-I Dell Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780
$759.00
64GB DDR5 CAMM 4800MHz Memory K467XP-HYM-I⭐ Dell Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780
$759.00
Hynix Lot 11x4gb / 4x8gb DDR3L 1333MHz PC3L-10600R 2Rx8 ECC Reg RAM
$45.00
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick - Lot of 50
$184.99