-
Text consoles too long on Toshiba Satellite 2100CDT
I am a new user with Knoppix and like it alot. At this point I just have one question/problem.
X comes up fine in 800x600 resolution. However the consoles seem to have too many lines. What I mean by this is that once I get to the bottom of the LCD screen the screen does not scroll. It seems to be about 10 to 11 lines too long. I figure this by how many times I have to press the enter key to see a prompt after issuing a command that scrolls off the screen. The console displays 37 lines.
I did not see a cheat code that addressed this. I tried the vga=ext code, but it did not help.
Is this a problem due to using the lcd screen? Is there a config option I can set to fix it? The video chip is a s3virge.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lou
Similar Threads
-
By kzinti in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 06:08 AM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By moorer2k in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
-
By bureado in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 02:42 PM
-
By nightcrawler in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Protectli Vault Model v1211 Intel N5105 with Samsung 960 EVO 500GB nvme storage
$400.00

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50