-
Problem after Knoppix begins boot
ok here goes, after i press enter at the knoppix boot screen it begins and after about 3 lines of info come up the screen goes black.
any suggestion?
BainsG
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Gee, if only there were some way to write down those 3 lines of information and pass it along to those you are asking for help!
I would make sure I followed all of the instructions in the downloading faq, and if I did then I would try some of the codes suggested in the cheat code section of the wiki.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I am having the same problem. After the mirt.gz loads the screen goes black. no messages, or anything else. However, if I use the debug or failsafe cheat code I get the following
invalid compressed format (err=1)
System halted
Any ideas on this?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
sehargett
I am having the same problem.
If you are having the same problem, you just might consider that my suggestion would apply to you also.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem after Knoppix begins boot
Welcome to Knoppix.net

Originally Posted by
BainsG
any suggestion?
Some questions:
- What version of Knoppix are you using?
- Have you looked at the Tips&Tricks section of the Cheatcodes page?
- If yes, what boot options did you try and how far did you get in the boot process?
- Are you getting any error messages and, if yes, what exactly do they say?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By horizon981 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2006, 02:10 PM
-
By Ravian in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 09:25 PM
-
By thrifty1948 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 06:23 PM
-
By Spacecowboy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

M393A8G40AB2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$549.00

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

LOT OF 16 Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 MTA36ASF2G72PZ SERVER MEMORY ECC
$800.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.98