Setup kppp, with modem at ttyS1 or ttyS2. Make IP Dynamic, Gateway default, DNS Automatic. Conection speed not more than 115200.
Hi all,
How can I connect to the net from the Knoppix 4.0 live DVD with an external modem on the téléphone line 56 Kb ?
Thanks for your answers![]()
Setup kppp, with modem at ttyS1 or ttyS2. Make IP Dynamic, Gateway default, DNS Automatic. Conection speed not more than 115200.
Yes, but where do I start this configuration ?
Thanks
I don't have K 4.0 DVD. I still beleive it is same way as in other versions of Knoppix: K -> Internet -> kppp or something like that. You must find kppp. Go through all menus in K, it will be very good for you, not only to find kppp, but for many other things as well.
I am glad to hear we can connect to the Net with the Knoppix live DVD and even with the previous live CD !
![]()
Hey, I want to do the same with an internal modem, A dlink DFM562IS.
My modem gets up to "intialising" and thats it, It dosnt get any further, Heres my current settings.
Settings for Knoppix 4.0: This is in KPPP by the way
Dial tab:
Connection Name: Bigpond
Phone Number: 04198308888
Username: You would like this wouldnt you
Password: Keep Guessing
Authentication: Dap/Chap
Ip Tap:
Dynamic IP
Gateway Tab:
Defult Gateway
DNS Tab:
Domain Name: Bigpond
Configuration: Auto
Modem Configuration:
Name: Dlink
Modem Device: /dev/ttyso
Line Termination: CR
Flow Control: Hardware
Use lockfile is ticked
Speed: 230400
No. Your modem is http://www.dlink.com.au/products/mod.../DFM-562IS.pdf software modem, this is diferent from external [serial?] modem. You need drivers for software modems.Originally Posted by Redhaze
Sorry, it is not ttyS1 but S0.
Know were I can get them for this modem? I couldnt seem to find any...Originally Posted by tdjokic
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/ very nice site for winmodems

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$209.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99