-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ckamin
It just might have taken you longer, but it is nice to have a group of people to bounce the problem off of. Sometimes we get reminded of what we have everlooked. Sometimes we get set on the right track by something that someone says. Something as simple a a drive cable can take hours to diagnose. I usually try to isolate the problem to the drive or to the system. That's why I hook the drive up to another system to eliminate many possibilities. If it is the system, it is usually a quick fix, once the drive has been eliminated from the list. I replace the cables on my bench regularly, since they are installed and removed many times and they eventually fail from the stress. They get cut up and dumped. I don't want them getting back into a system and causing problems like the one you encountered. Thanks for the positive feedback.
Yes.
Old cable is already in a trash outside.
Yes, I seem to stressed the cable quite a lot during last few days. All that pluging/unpluging was bad karma for it... LOL
Anyhow, in this case, a network would do the trick as well. I will build one ASAP.

Originally Posted by
ckamin
The main thing is simply that the original poster resolved the issue. Possibly guided by some of the information posted here, or entirely by himself. It's fixed, it now works, and he has found happiness and joy!

LOL :P

Originally Posted by
ckamin
I look for alternatives. Gimp has almost replaced Photosnot for me, but there are some legitimate uses for a Winblows machine. I keep a Mac handy too, just in case I feel the need.
I have heard of Gimp, yes.
Will look into it, no doubt.

Originally Posted by
ckamin
We should leave THAT discussion alone for the time being. It appears the issue has stirred up some strong feelings in that regard. My experience tells me that ANYTHING is a possibility and to look for a solution to the problem. If you find a cure for cancer and it means eating bat poop to keep on living, even though you would prefer not to, what are the alternatives? Don't question the cure, just reap the benefits of finding a solution.

Yep.

Originally Posted by
ckamin
Again, I'm pleased that your concern was resolved. Hope you keep working with Knoppix and Linux in general. We can use all of the converts we can get!
Thanks again for your thoughtful reply!

Do converts get some special treatement, like few gallons of (non-alcho) beer?
LOL
cheers
Similar Threads
-
By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
-
By jwg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
-
By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
-
By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

64GB (2x32GB) SK Hynix HMCG88MEBSA092N AA 1Rx8 PC5-4800B DDR5 Laptop RAM #SK2
$699.00

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested
$1000.00

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39