-
Thanks to UnderScore and Robert for their replies. The machine in question is my work computer, so I needed to wait until Monday morning to try it. I did look over the cheatcodes several times, and, unfortunately, I missed the "nosmp" option each time. Sorry I missed it, and thanks, again, for your sharp eyes.
So, this morning I booted the computer up with the 4.0.2 Live CD using knoppix nosmp boot options. I only got one penguin at the top of the screen, so I guess it was trying to boot the uniprocessor kernel. Unfortunately, it froze right after that (not even any text!), so I guess it is back to WinXP until I have time to experiment with more cheatcodes. (As a reminder, the SMP kernel did boot on this HT-P4, but there was no sound. I suspect that the SMP kernel doesn't have sound compiled in it).
--FW
Similar Threads
-
By nirupama in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-10-2006, 06:32 AM
-
By iD:0t in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By jtsai256 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 05:40 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By sbkryan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$292.50

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00