-

Originally Posted by
rwcitek

Originally Posted by
fwheeler_1
As a reminder, the SMP kernel did boot on this HT-P4, but there was no sound. I suspect that the SMP kernel doesn't have sound compiled in it).
Let's back up a bit. What exactly are you trying to do? You mentioned booting a single-cpu kernel, but now you mention your sound card. Do you want to boot a single CPU kernel? Or are you trying to get your sound card working? Or both? Or something else? Is your system a dual-CPU system?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
I want to boot the system with the 4.0.2 Live CD and have a fully functional system.
This live cd will boot w/o any cheatcodes into the SMP kernel (it is a single processor HT-P4, so I assume that is the default for this processor). After booting, the sound will not work (SB Live!). I posted the lsmod stuff futher down in the forum under my username if you're interested. . .that posting netted no responses.
It dawned on me that the SMP kernel might not have sound compiled into it (I believe that somewhere along the line, I actually got an error message to this regard), so I thought I'd try to boot the uniprocessor kernel to see if that would work since Kanotix 2005-3 boots fine on it with sound. That's where I'm at today. Just want the computer to work with everything (exact kernel unimportant), including sound.
Thanks for your continued help, FW
Similar Threads
-
By nirupama in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-10-2006, 06:32 AM
-
By iD:0t in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By jtsai256 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 05:40 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By sbkryan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99