-
Senior Member
registered user
remastering DVD version of KNOPPIX_V4.0.2 (bootfrom issues)
Hi *,
I am not actually remastering all the Gigabytes of data, just that this is the only knoppix version that recognizes USB/firewire devices without problems showing you the 'pen drive' icon right on the Desktop, as we all love 
Now, as part of the preparation for the remastering process, I am trying the:
"knoppix bootfrom=<path_to_iso_image>"
using as iso image: KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso
sh-3.00# pwd
/mnt/sda/knoppix
sh-3.00# ls -l *.iso
-rwxrwxrwx 1 knoppix knoppix 728190976 Oct 17 20:05 KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso
sh-3.00# md5sum *.iso
1188f67d48c9f11afb8572977ef74c5e KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso
and I am getting different types of errors.
I renamed KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso as knoppix.iso to avoid extra typing
Here they are:
// __ when I try going bootfrom=/dev/sda/knoppix.iso
boot: knoppix bootfrom=/dev/sda/knoppix.iso
. . .
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done.
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD at /dev/hdc
Found primary KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.
Found additional KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX2.
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD at /cdrom2.loop/knoppix.iso... Error: Module cloop is in use
umount: Device or resource busy
insmod: error inserting 'modules/cloop.ko': -1 File exists
// __ when I try going bootfrom=/mnt/sda/knoppix.iso
boot: knoppix bootfrom=/mnt/sda/knoppix.iso
. . .
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done.
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD at /dev/hdc
Found primary KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.
Found additional KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX2.
mount: you must specify the file system type
/cdrom2.loop/knoppix.iso: No such file or directory
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD failed. /cdrom2.loop/knoppix.iso is not mountable
I am using an external FAT32 firewire drive which is recognized without any problems by knoppix and on Hack 94 of Kyle Rankin's book (knoppix hacks) it says the FAT32 filesystem is compatible with bootfrom.
How can I make the "knoppix bootfrom=" cheat code read remastered iso from an external drive?
That would make my life a lot easier!
Thanks
Albretch
Similar Threads
-
By JFlanders in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-25-2006, 03:33 AM
-
By crkscorpio in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-02-2006, 05:29 PM
-
By anticuchos in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-09-2005, 09:31 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 07:36 PM
-
By covici in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99