Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: can't open file "init/Kconfig" ?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    36

    can't open file "init/Kconfig" ?

    Hi all,

    I installed Knoppix 4.02 from CD to HD in Knoppix mode. Now I want to check some config entries and maybe recompile the kernel.

    Here's what I did and what happens:
    --------------------------------
    # cd /usr/src/linux
    # make menuconfig
    --------------------------------
    It starts doing some stuff and then it shows:
    --------------------------------
    scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/i386/Kconfig
    arch/i386/Kconfig:36: can't open file "init/Kconfig"
    --------------------------------
    ???!?

    Somehow I suspect this is a stupid question because I could not find a hint about that in the Forum. On the other hand, I have compiled a lot of kernels (although not recently, last time maybe 2 months ago), but this is the first time I encountered this problem.

    What can I do?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Have Fun
    Dirk

  2. #2
    I had the same problem. I did an "apt-get install linux-source-2.6.12"

    I then set my /usr/src/linux symbolic link to "/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.12".

    Then I hit another problem.

    HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
    In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
    from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
    from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23,
    from scripts/basic/fixdep.c:115:
    /usr/include/bits/socket.h:304:24: asm/socket.h: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
    make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2

    "cd" to /usr/src/linux/include". Do a "ln -s /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.12/include/asm-i396/ asm".

    then in /usr/src/linux, a "make menuconfig" works.

Similar Threads

  1. Boot hangs just after "INIT: version 2.78-knoppix"
    By onnrmf in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:04 PM
  3. "Cannot create regular file" ":Invalid Argume
    By bluedevlx in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
  4. Knoppix init says "segmenation voilation"
    By joestump in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 12:11 AM
  5. How do I "open" an.rpm file?
    By bongski55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM picture

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB) picture

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)

$180.00



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00