I have the same problem
It says Initializing Modem but nothing happens
I have Connexant soft 56 K Internal modem
I'm newbie for Linux and Dial Up user..
I've tried to configure my internal 56K modem (ActionTec V.90 PCI Modem) via the modem-assistant. I know my modem not winmodem, it's hardware modem And It use COM PORT=3, IRQ=9 on WinXP)
However it can't find with S2.. I get an answer from the modem on S1 but empty ATI Values.
Anyway, if I dial, the modem stops on "initializing modem".
What's the Problem?
And what can i do?
Thanks in advance..
I have the same problem
It says Initializing Modem but nothing happens
I have Connexant soft 56 K Internal modem
FarAway- as root do this:
setserial /dev/ttyS3 irq 9
ln /dev/ttyS3 /dev/modem
Then configure kppp

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00