Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HELP: if I dial, the modem stops on "initializing modem

  1. #1
    FarAway
    Guest

    HELP: if I dial, the modem stops on "initializing modem

    I'm newbie for Linux and Dial Up user..
    I've tried to configure my internal 56K modem (ActionTec V.90 PCI Modem) via the modem-assistant. I know my modem not winmodem, it's hardware modem And It use COM PORT=3, IRQ=9 on WinXP)
    However it can't find with S2.. I get an answer from the modem on S1 but empty ATI Values.
    Anyway, if I dial, the modem stops on "initializing modem".
    What's the Problem?
    And what can i do?
    Thanks in advance..

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6
    I have the same problem
    It says Initializing Modem but nothing happens

    I have Connexant soft 56 K Internal modem

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    FarAway- as root do this:

    setserial /dev/ttyS3 irq 9
    ln /dev/ttyS3 /dev/modem

    Then configure kppp

Similar Threads

  1. "KPPP Cannot find modem /dev/modem"
    By wsg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:06 PM
  2. Modem has to dial in twice to work?
    By brianinmaine in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:45 PM
  3. Dial up modem dials up then cuts off :?
    By George W Hush in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 05:20 AM
  4. Dial-up Modem Issues. Keeps saying "Initializing Modem&
    By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
  5. Dial-up modem advice?
    By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 02:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US picture

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US

$349.00