-
I remastered a liveCD, and put the liveCD image on a CF card in an IDE adapter (for a silent 100% solid state PC). Even if I had write access to the CF card when it is running, it's a liveCD image so I can't just stick the contents into the /etc directory of the CF card. So the calibration file has to be copied to the /RAMdisk/etc directory upon bootup, overlaying the filestructure that the liveCD is creating.
Since the touchscreen is initialized during bootup I need to copy the calibration data from my thumbdrive onto the ramdisk at the same time the LiveCD is copying stuff to the RAMdisk.
Morphix has a cool way of doing it, called "translucency". With morphix, you just put the files you want overlayed into the RAMdisk in an uncompressed folder on the liveCD, which Morphix named "/copy". I wish Knoppix had a similar feature out-of-the-box. It's a sweet way to do things.
ps - I'm currently using knoppix 3.7, but I can just as easily use the latest knoppix (UnionFS is from 3.8 on up, yes?).
Similar Threads
-
By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
-
By noobo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
-
By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By ethrandil in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00