-
Knoppix 4.02, standard user account, sudo, networking
So I installed Knoppix 4.02 DVD to the hard disk. It boots and runs off the hard disk fine.
My standard user account during the install, I called mine "mike".
So I login as "mike" and I cannot do anything.
Every 2 seconds it asks for my root password.
This is a new system of course, and I need to customize this system.
So I add "mike" to the /etc/sudoers file using visudo....
mike ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
save the file
I visually verfiy /etc/sudoers has mike added....
exit, loggoff and reboot the computer
Log back in as mike, and every 2 seconds, it asks me for the root passwd.
Basically, just trying to add my ethernet to the networking and get that going, but
everytime I do add the network interface, it just hangs.....and never returns...
Is there anyway I can login to the GUI as root??
I dont care about f****** security at this point.
I just need this to work. Security is usless if it does not work.
Worry about security later when its working.
Similar Threads
-
By pipposanta in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2006, 09:23 PM
-
By bobby_lobby in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 08:15 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:15 PM
-
By ian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win11 Pro
$289.99