Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to save settings?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1

    How to save settings?

    This has been bugging me, I'm using Knoppix 4.0.2 (I think) on a CD not DVD. And was wondering how do I save my settings so when I restart my computer and go back to Linux my settings and things I've downloaded will still be there.

    For example favourites in MSN, downloaded stuff from Klick and other things.

    Can anyone answer this for me please?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1
    You can save settings by K .. Knoppix .. Configure .. Save KNOPPIX configuration menu item

    After completing the dialogs and saving to floppy, I hit another problem ..

    during reboot, specify knopix floppyconfig to activate the saved settings.

    Activation fails as they are saved in an encrypted filesystem, and I do not have the password.

    Ideas ??

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3
    What about folks who don't have a floppy disk drive? My laptop only has a DVD-RW. and I can't use that cos Knoppix DVD is in!

    Will this create problems of having to repeatedly reinstall programs?

Similar Threads

  1. can I save settings to HD?
    By joshknape in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
  2. How do I save my settings and files?
    By Hoso001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 06:58 AM
  3. How do i save my settings?
    By ricesteam in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
  4. Save Config settings
    By Dooley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
  5. Can't save any config settings
    By Dooley in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29