True but somebody (I can't for the life of me remember whoOriginally Posted by Stephen
)explained very nicely how to get that done without alot of aggravation. I used that 'how-to' myself.
I've installed XP on a few systems w/o any problems. I think it requires 1 reboot.
True but somebody (I can't for the life of me remember whoOriginally Posted by Stephen
)explained very nicely how to get that done without alot of aggravation. I used that 'how-to' myself.
Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
I've thought of one more you have to delete the knoppix user and create your own user.
Well.....ya know- technically you don't have to delete Knoppix (maybe you've become good friends) and adduser is standard linux all the way- certainly not specific to Knoppix. Of course you could always edit the how-to right?Originally Posted by Stephen
Your right there, it's just a little peeve of mine I tried to hack the install script a couple of times but the best I could do was get it creating my user and directories but no password.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
I should put a section in it on adding your own user if I get some extra time tonight I'll do it.Of course you could always edit the how-to right?
At this point I have little experience and know next to nothing about Linux. I am still running Knoppix off the CD. When I create a persistent home directory and save my settings I still lose my kmail accounts. If I use a HD install of Knop will I have difficulty saving all program settings and preferences from session to session? Will I have full functionality with apt-get and updates and installs?
Keep in mind that using Knoppix from the cd is quite different from an installation. Yes your preferences will be saved, yes you can use apt-get, yes you will soon forget that windows ever existed.![]()
When you install to HD you have a functioning system everything you do is saved to the disk, apt works for installing and removing programs. You will still have a more to do if you use dhcp to access the internet you will have to edit /etc/network/interfaces to "turn on" dhcp, if you want to dual boot you have to edit /etc/lilo.conf and uncomment two lines and so on.Originally Posted by binarybum
Stephen,
Sounds like I would have knoe problem at all. Dont know much yet but I have the inpression Knoppix is one of the best distros . (period)
It's pretty good, it's the quickest and easiest way I've ever seen to get linux on a computer and actually have a working system. You get to try before you buy so to speak so you know the problems you will have with your hardware and can sort them out before you get half-way through an install.Originally Posted by binarybum

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$71.87
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99