-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Rey Flores
The Knoppix version 4.0.1 2005-08-16 is a DVD and had as I stated successfully booted up on my pc when my Windows XP OS was operational. When I got the registry corruption error, I attempted to boot from the Knoppix DVD to do some troubleshooting. I was surprised that it wouldn't boot up and that I received a NTLDR file missing message. I realize that the NTLDR is a windows message but knowing that the Knoppix DVD had previously booted up I was at a loss to why it no longer worked.
Sorry I didn't track that you had alread booted the disc ok on this system. But it certainly isn't booting now, and Knoppix could care less what the state of your XP files are, so I am hard pressed to understand what is happening here. It sure sounds like a typical failure of a computer to boot a DVD.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By jdrnyc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM
-
By CaptainChunk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
-
By bobby_lobby in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
-
By Mr.Joecat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By s-m-n in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT
$150.00

(LOT OF 18) Kingston 16GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 RDIMM ECC Server RAM
$180.00

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM
$289.95

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot of 4 - 16GB 2Rx8 DDR-4 2666V MHz ECC Reg Samsung M393A2K43DB2-CTD6Y Tested
$300.00

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

(LOT OF 18) Hynix 8GB PC3-10600R DDR3-1333 Shielded RDIMM ECC Server RAM Memory
$144.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99