Hi *,
I am not actually remastering all the Gigabytes of data, just that this is the only knoppix version that recognizes USB/firewire devices without problems showing you the 'pen drive' icon right on the Desktop, as we all love
Now, as part of the preparation for the remastering process, I am trying the:
"knoppix bootfrom=<path_to_iso_image>"
using as iso image: KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso
sh-3.00# pwd
/mnt/sda/knoppix
sh-3.00# ls -l *.iso
-rwxrwxrwx 1 knoppix knoppix 728190976 Oct 17 20:05 KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso
sh-3.00# md5sum *.iso
1188f67d48c9f11afb8572977ef74c5e KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso
and I am getting different types of errors.
I renamed KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso as knoppix.iso to avoid extra typing
Here they are:
// __ when I try going bootfrom=/dev/sda/knoppix.iso
boot: knoppix bootfrom=/dev/sda/knoppix.iso
. . .
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done.
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD at /dev/hdc
Found primary KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.
Found additional KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX2.
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD at /cdrom2.loop/knoppix.iso... Error: Module cloop is in use
umount: Device or resource busy
insmod: error inserting 'modules/cloop.ko': -1 File exists
// __ when I try going bootfrom=/mnt/sda/knoppix.iso
boot: knoppix bootfrom=/mnt/sda/knoppix.iso
. . .
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done.
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD at /dev/hdc
Found primary KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX.
Found additional KNOPPIX compressed at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX2.
mount: you must specify the file system type
/cdrom2.loop/knoppix.iso: No such file or directory
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD failed. /cdrom2.loop/knoppix.iso is not mountable
I am using an external FAT32 firewire drive which is recognized without any problems by knoppix and on Hack 94 of Kyle Rankin's book (knoppix hacks) it says the FAT32 filesystem is compatible with bootfrom.
How can I make the "knoppix bootfrom=" cheat code read remastered iso from an external drive?
That would make my life a lot easier!
Thanks
Albretch

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99
OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520
$29.43
New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95
OEM Genuine Dell Latitude 5420 5424 7424 Rugged 11.4V 51Wh Battery 06JRCP 7WNW1
$95.67
OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49
GENUINE (OEM ) Dell LATITUDE 7420 Battery & Cable Y4FRN (TYPE 7FMXV)
$19.99
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78
Genuine OEM 6MT4T 62WH Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y
$17.88
Dell Genuine Toner Full Set Of 4 CMYK 2130cn/2135cn CT201180-CT201183
$39.99
NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515
$47.95