Quote Originally Posted by kooladi
i want to know which script file automatically runs when kde is booted up so that i can up on my own commands in remastering.
I think http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00005.html gives an answer to your question. You can put a script named knoppix.sh inside the KNOPPIX directory.

But perhaps you mean something other than that. I have added in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
Code:
# KDE don't start if /tmp/.ICE-unix is not owned by root
mkdir -p /tmp/.ICE-unix
chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
chown root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix
This works only after hd install.

If you mean booting from CD, the script you are seeking for is /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig. This is what I have added in it:
Code:
# Modifications for SuomiKnoppix
# Setting permissions and owners for /tmp/.ICE-unix and /tmp/.X11-unix directories
mkdir -p /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chown -R root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
mkdir -p /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
chown -R root:root /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
chmod 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
# End of modifications for SuomiKnoppix
Hope this will help you.

-tapsa-