sudo su to become root
mount -a to mount everything rw, check with mount. You can also remount to writable with for example:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/hdXn /mnt/hdXn
I'm trying to access a damaged lilo.conf. I started the machine with my Knoppix CD, but when I attempted to access lilo.conf I got a "permission denied" message. The file is owned by root (which I'm not, at the moment) and has permissions -rw-r-----. I have the root password for this machine, but I don't see how to use it to gain access to lilo.conf.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
kj
sudo su to become root
mount -a to mount everything rw, check with mount. You can also remount to writable with for example:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/hdXn /mnt/hdXn

Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete
$125.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99
Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00
Vintage AppleCD 150 M3022 SCSI CD-ROM Drive - Working
$75.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00