I run KNOPPIX on my Dell Dimension 3000, changed the BIOS to 8MB. that doesn't help completely, try the command "knoppix DMA" (W/O the quotation marks of course). Try that, hope it Helps!!!Originally Posted by nishtya
Right, got the resolution up to 1024x768, which is most my monitor can support. Simply changing bios video memory setting to 8mb did it. One thing checked of the list!
So, next real hurdle is getting my Belkin wireless USB adaptor working. How can I do this? I have tried looking through some of the settings, there is somewhere I can choose from a list of drivers to install but I can't find this particular thing. Should I be looking for a more general name, such as something to do with the chip in the USB stick, rather than simply Belkin USB Wireless adaptor?
Any help with this would be great.
Secondly, my soundcard works so far as I can get the test sound in control center to play, but can't get any sound anywhere else. Playing MP3s gives the error that the card may be being used elsewhere...
It's a PCI soundblaster live! 24-Bit card.
Also, Is there any way I can save a config file I can load when I boot from the Live CD? So I don't have to go through the same thing every time I boot? I can't leave it on forever!
I guess getting the internet working is my main priority, so I can type this from Knoppix instead of Windows.
Thanks so much for your help, this forum is incredible!
Rich
I run KNOPPIX on my Dell Dimension 3000, changed the BIOS to 8MB. that doesn't help completely, try the command "knoppix DMA" (W/O the quotation marks of course). Try that, hope it Helps!!!Originally Posted by nishtya

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c TWR Xeon W-2123, 8GB DDR4, NO SSD/OS, Quadro K2000 #95
$219.99
For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99