-
Senior Member
registered user
recording audio from a microphone
Has anyone recorded audio from a microphone using Linux? If so, how?
I just want to record my voice saying hello world and save it as an .wav or .mp3 file. I've tried using Knoppix 4.0.2 by starting Audacity (K > Multimedia > Audacity ) and then clicking on the red Record button, but all I get is a loud hum. Do I need to configure something else first, e.g. load a module, configure a device, something?
The machine is an eMachines T23341. lspci lists the sound card as "multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, In.c VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)." Been googling but haven't found anything helpful, yet. I've also been reading the Audacity tutorials.
BTW, if I boot the same machine with Windows XP, everything works just fine using Sound Recorder, but I can only record 75 seconds.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Similar Threads
-
By ialtaparmakov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-06-2010, 11:56 AM
-
By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 11:33 PM
-
By MrT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 07:43 AM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 06:31 PM
-
By amin_heydarpour in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99