-
Using Knoppix to make a disk image of a NTFS-format drive?
Hello, I have been trying to wade through the FAQs but I must hurry since I am not sure I will be able to get back on if I turn off the computer. A few hours ago, I got a CRC error on my hard drive when trying to log in - Windows System Restore worked, but that won't help a CRC error / hard drive failure for long.
So I am hoping that I can use Knoppix to make an exact copy of my hard drive, is that true? I would want to save the entire disk image to my other computer over the network. I cannot find anything in the FAQs that would let me do this, maybe I am searching for the wrong thing ( "disk image" KNOPPIX NTFS ) or Knoppix will not let me do this. Then when I get a new hard drive I could restore my files. I am not worried about a few corrupted files, but I understand that sometimes an image cannot be made if it cannot access the sector, is that true?
Anyhow if anyone can point me towards a FAQ or give me a simple list of things to keep in mind I would appreciate it
Similar Threads
-
By Jeroen1000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-26-2011, 09:24 PM
-
By johnny-5 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2006, 05:59 AM
-
By chipyoung in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
-
By yaleyu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 03:27 PM
-
By XPuser1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Tempest Laptop Cooler with Vacuum Fan, Rapid Cooling, Small, Black
$40.22

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

New JVSCAM Compressed Air Duster,150000RPM Electric Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag
$77.23

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99