-
install knoppix on HD
im compleatly new to this... i have knoppix 3.7 already burned to a disk..... i want to tnstall it on my hard drive.... the think is windows is meesed up right now, so i want to install it on this extra drive i have.... could someone point me in the right direction
-
How to install Knoppix on SINGLE harddrive
Howdy vartok,
lets see if I can't make this simple enough for you!
Boot from the CD as normal...
Open a terminal window...(thats the icon that looks like a computer screen in the lower left of the desktop)
type at the prompt
sudo knoppix-installer
hit enter and the fun begins...if you have ever installed a microsoft OS the process will seem somewhat familiar!
Just remember to set your swap partition to at least twice the amount of memory installed on the system and always make a boot floppy...
it my save your system one day!
-
ok, i got it installed know but as soon as i try to boot from the HDD, it says "error 17" ne ideas what that is? oh anb buy the way, i went ahead and downloaded 4.0.2, so im usin that now
-
I'm not sure if Knoppix 4 is considered a "stable" verison...
I'm using 3.8 and have never had any problems...
Try looking on the Knoppix web site to see if you version is a beta or stable...
you might consider trying 3.8 or 3.9 I'm pretty sure they are "stable" verisons
Will
-
dont worry bout it, i reinstalled it and changed one or 2 of the options, now it works.... but i do have a question.... do i still have to save the settings like i was runn on the live CD,or will they save automaticly?
-
I can't seem to be able to unmount the partition, and I get the message:error happened during ped_file_system_resize call. What did I do wrong? I really am curious.
-
My hard drive on my PC became corrupt and I ended up doing a zero fill so I setup two partitions on the hard drive 1)NTFS for Windows 2)FAT32 for Knoppix or Linux of 5 G. When I type sudo knoppix-installer, will the install to the hard drive prompt me for a drive to install to? Also, how do you setup a dual boot for Windows/Knoppix? How do you set the swap paritition? Lastly, what's the difference between Knoppix and other versions of Linux?
-
Okay, I found irongeek's tutorial. Only one question, how do you make a dual boot for Windows/Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By techdesk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000
$39.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

vintage Motherboard Socket 370 with Celeron 1.30 Ghz 256MB
$62.99

Vintage Computer Peripherals Inc. Ramsack III ISA Memory Expansion 16bit 8 SIMM
$85.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$62.99

Vintage Compaq PS/2 Keyboard RT7A56TW 237743-301 Beige Tested Working
$24.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99